Discovery Ranch offers the highest level of professional-to-student time in the industry on our 5-star ranch and welcomes you and your family to visit us for a tour! Meet our staff and talk with current students and/or families. We believe in the potential of your son and have dedicated ourselves to developing your greatest asset: your family. Please call us for our daily rates at 855-662-9318.
We can help with your insurance billing! In the past, we have successfully collected some insurance money for families like you currently in our program. Please explore financing options below if needed, and call us with any questions. We are here to help!
Financial Loan companies we recommend for families:
Prosper HealthCare Lending
Click on image above or copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://app.prosperhealthcare.com/003233
Prosper Healthcare Lending is the premier financing company in the healthcare industry. With over $3 billion borrowed and over 250,000 people empowered, this is a name and a program you can trust.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with a loan from Prosper Healthcare Lending:
- Immediate decisions without affecting your credit!
- Longer terms for lower monthly payments
- No collateral required
- No prepayment penalties
- Fast & easy loan inquiry process
- 100% Confidential
P: 1-(866) 615-6319
Optimum Practical Financial
Optimum Practical Financial is another program we recommend. View their contact information here:
E: [email protected]
Tax Deduction Information
Please provide the following information to your tax advisor so they can assist you in making the proper deduction.
You may wish to refer to Internal Revenue Code (Section 213a) for additional information on allowable deduction percentages of expenses related to the care of your son or daughter.
Court examples of rulings that support medical expense deduction related to enrollment of your child in a special school:
- –Griesdorf, Lawrence, (1970) 54 TC 1684) Enrollment of a child not cooperating in school and often physically sick as a result of parental divorce and father’s suicide.
- –Urbauer, Charles, (1992) TC Memo 1992-170) Enrollment of a 17 yr old with severe behavioral and drug-related problems into a college preparatory school program designed to meet the educational and emotional needs of students with such difficulties.
When the proper criteria are met, all tuition (including food and lodging) and additional expenses, including transportation to and from the program, should be discussed as a deduction with your tax advisor. Phone calls and other related expenses incurred should also be discussed with your tax advisor.
Additional Resources for your tax advisor:
- Internal Revenue Code Section 213(a)
- Treasury Regulation Section 1.123-1(e)
- Revenue Ruling 70-285
- Private Letter Ruling 8447014
- Court Cases: Griesdorf, Lawrence, (1970) 54 TC 1684;
- Pazos, Jose, (1987) TC Memo 1987-131;
- Urbauer, Charles, (1992) TC Memo 1992-170
We invite you to get to know us better by exploring our website, or, if you prefer, calling our admissions department at 855-662-9318.